Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Human

Happy are those who knew how to truly feel
What makes us human?
Is it our ability to reason?
Is it our ability to solve problems, or our ability to protect ourselves?
I daresay it is our vulnerabilities
Our imperfections, the finiteness of life
Struck me, wound me and I bleed.
Take a blow and I feel pain.
Take away my hope and I cry.
I feel.
I recognize your presence and learn how to love
Take it away and I yearn.
Isolate me and I feel sorrow.
I am not forever.
Even my bones will become dust and soon will be nothing more.
My heart beats are numbered.
Death awaits me.
But I love and, and my soul becomes forever.
But I hope, and rain comes to the desert.
But I dream, and you and I become the universe.
I knew and felt love.
I am liberated from finiteness and death.
All because we are human.

by Astik Jain

1 comment: